Department of Biotechnology
Ministry of Science and Technology
Government of India
BIRAP The Biotechnology Industry Research Assistance Program. Incubating | Discovering | Innvating.
Biotechnology Industry Partnership Programme (BIPP)
(An Advanced Technology Scheme)
Department of Biotechnology (DBT) invites proposals from Indian Biotechnology Companies under the Biotechnology Industry Partnership Programme (BIPP), a Government partnership with industry for support on a cost sharing basis for development of novel and high risk futuristic technologies mainly for viability gap funding and enhancing existing R&D capacities.
Call for Proposals June 15th, 2011
Key Features of the Programme
- Large, medium, small scale companies; start-ups on cost sharing basis
- High risk, discovery linked innovation
- Accelerated technology development
- Evaluation and validation of biotech products
- Indigenous discovery, innovation and technology to products
- Products of national relevance or public benefit
- Varying models of grants, loans or grant+loan available.
Who can apply?
A single or consortia of Indian “for profit” company (ies) – Small, Medium or Large having DSIR* recognized one which is registered under “The Indian Companies Act, 1956” and in which 51% (or more) of the ownership is held by Indian citizens (including NRIs). The proposals can be submitted:
- by an Indian Company alone; or
- by an Indian Company along public sector R&D institution(s), organization(s), laboratory (ies),university (ies) etc.;or
- by a consortium of Indian Companies; or
- by a consortium of Indian Companies along with public sector R&D institution(s), organization(s), laboratory (ies), university (ies) etc.
(*Companies in the process of obtaining DSIR recognition may also apply along with the proof of application to DSIR. Howevver, the final decision on such applications would be subject to their getting DSIR recognition)
How to Apply?
Proposals are required to be submitted online only. To submit a proposal online, please follow the following steps:
1. Log on the BIRAP website (www.birapdbt.nic.in)
2. If you are a registered user, log-on using the credentials, else you need to register your company with by clicking on New User Registration.
3. In case of new user registration, a computer generated password would be sent to the email-ID provided at the time of registration. The password can be changed later.
4. Once you login, you would be navigated to the page displaying BIPP link.
5. Click on the BIPP link under Programmes and the active call would be highlited.
6. Click on the new call and proceed towards proposal submission.
7. Further details on “How to submit a proposal” would be available in the BIPP User Guide available on the website.
8. The proposals should be submitted on or before August 01, 2011.
Company User Registration is open round the clock. Online Proposal Submission would begin from June 15th, 2011. No Hard Copy to be submitted, Proposals submitted online only would be considered.
Detailed guidelines for the scheme including eligible project categories to be supported are available at:
Biotech Consortium Indian Limited (BCIL) is the BIPP Management Agency and will ensure maintenance of strict confidentiality of the proposals as per DBT norms.
Last date for Submission of Proposals: August 01, 2011
For further details, please contact:
Dr. Renu Swarup
Advisor Incharge-BIPP, Department of Biotechnology, Block No: 2
7th Floor, CGO Complex, Lodi Road, New Delhi – 110 003. India
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
Creating a Resume perfect and proper that meets the recruiter’s expectation of the Company gets you the Job 100% that you desire. Learn “How to Write a Resume” spending a few minutes which will help your Job search better, faster and easier !