Turmeric is a well-known medicine since ages. Especially in India, turmeric has been used extensively for several centuries. In this article are some well known benefits of Turmeric.
According to Vedas and Shastras, Turmeric is known as a food item that adds “mangal” i.e., auspiciousness to anything we eat.
Likewise, offering Turmeric to Gods in the place of worship is an ancient practice that is supposed to clear all negativity around us.
Women who are married wear the “mangal sutra”, which in ancient times was made of pure turmeric applied on a thread which she tied to her neck.
This practice was followed as Turmeric heals, protects and secures both the husband and wife. Besides, turmeric also purifies the soul of the man and the woman and binds them forever.
As for health aspects, here are some benefits of turmeric that everybody should know.
- When used in curries and food preparations, it offers long-term immunity to those who eat it.
- Turmeric dispels negativity and keeps the one who applies it or consumes it immune to diseases.
- Turmeric is a great healer and when used on wounds, the healing is really fast.
- Turmeric Milk is an ancient medicine for all problems such as Fever, Colds etc.
- When combined with pepper in eatables, the benefits of Turmeric are manifold as both the substances fight against harmful bacteria and viruses.
- The Turmeric plant can be grown at home as well and is easy to maintain. It is said in ancient Indian scriptures that just like the Neem tree, the benefits of turmeric are beyond human comprehension.
Last but not the least, the easiest way to consume Turmeric and experience its benefits is to add a pinch of Turmeric powder to a glass of water and to drink it empty stomach every day, early morning.
Consuming this keeps us fresh and positive the day through and helps our body develop immunity towards negative energies and disease causing germs.
These days several other items made of Turmeric are available. They are as follows:
- Soaps and creams that protect and nourish the skin.
- Tea that can be drunk as-is or with milk.
- Milk shakes that can be consumed as-is.
On the whole, these are the benefits of Turmeric:
- It is anti-inflammatory. It helps the body stay cooled despite the heat it produces.
- It is anti-pyretic as well because despite the heat it causes, it also heals alongside. For fevers, turmeric is more a preventive medicine than a curing medicine.
- It decreases the antioxidising capacity of the body and therefore improves immunity to catching colds, fevers and other diseases.
- It is anti-cancerous and anti-obesity as well as it cuts the fat and nullifies/removes unwanted materials inside the body.