THREE TYPES OF DIABETIS
- Your body does not make insulin. This is a problem because you need insulin to take the sugar (glucose) from the foods you eat and turn it into energy for your body. You need to take insulin every day to live.
- Your body does not make or use insulin well. You may need to take pills or insulin to help control your diabetes. this is the most common type of diabetes.
- Many women get this kind of diabetes when they are pregnant. many time, it goes away after the baby is born. But even if it goes away but these women and their children have a chance of getting diabetes later.
TAKE CARE OF YOUR DIABETIS:
Taking care of diabetes can help you feel good. When your sugar is close to normal,
- have feel more energetic
- be less tired and thirsty
- need to pass urine less
- heal better
- have fewer skin or bladder infections
Less chance of having health problems such as:
- heart attack or stroke
- eye problems that can lead to trouble seeing or going blind
- pain, tingling, or numbness in your hands and feet, also called nerve damage
- kidney problems that can cause your kidney
- major teeth and gums problems due to heavy diabetis.
DIABETIS ABC ‘s :
A for A1C test (A -ONE-C)
It measures your average blood sugar level for last three months.
High sugar can hurt your heart and blood vessels, kidneys, feet, and eyes and teeth.
many people with diabetes is below 7.
7 steps of low-glycemic
- Consuming lot of apples, pears, peaches, and berries, bananas, mangoes, and papayas helps to a lower glycemic.
- Eat grains such as whole-kernel bread, brown rice, and whole barley, millet, and wheat berries such as stone ground bread, oats, and granola.
- white potatoes and grain products : white breads and white pasta
- Limit sweets- ice cream.Reduce fruit juice.
- Eat food of protein such as beans, fish, or skinless chicken.
- Foods with healthful fats, such as olive oil, nuts, and avocados.
- Eat three times a day anddo not skip breakfast.
Overweight, you have to lose 7% of your body weight to cut your risk of diabetes in half.
Don’t skip breakfast
Eat regular small meals—up to 6 per day
Keep calorie intake the same