The South-Korean based Samsung Electronics has introduced the Samsung Galaxy Grand. The company claims that Galaxy Grand will attract huge customers who are looking for fast and multi-tasking phone parallel to the existing fastest lifestyle. This latest from Samsung operates on Google’s latest (OS) Android version 4.1.2 (Jelly Bean). Grand has a 5-inch display screen sporting an expanded view for the users bringing in fabulous experience in messaging, multimedia access, web browsing etc. with brilliant color and quality. Adding information about its comfortableness Samsung claims that the phone is slim, efficient and comfortable to hold though it sports a 5-inch screen size.
Specifications and Features of Samsung Galaxy Grand
- Importance is given more for multitasking in Galaxy Grand. You can run multiple apps on the screen without switch between apps but using the Multi-Window feature.
- To support this multitasking feature, the Grand is powered with a 1.2GHz Dual Core processor. Knowing this processor capacity – it enables you to perform fast multitasking, smart web browsing and superb screen transition with an excellent speed.
- As most games and apps demand, the expanded screen size with 1.2GHz Dual Core processor supports good gaming experience
- Galaxy Grand comes with a noticeable camera feature that has zero shutter-lag and ultra-quick start-up. To shoot videos in the dark conditions this smartphone has backside illumination sensor enabling clear picture quality even in dark.
- Another excellent feature of Samsung Galaxy Grand is the Direct Calling facility. This feature facilitates you to directly dial a call by just raising the phone up to your ear. Other features included are like trigger the status updates by shaking the device or pan it to zoom into a screen.
- Smart Alert facility – This feature shows you the missed events such as missed calls and messages just by picking up the phone.
- Watch video while multitasking with the feature of pop-up video. You can watch video through a pop-up window anywhere on the screen while other applications or functions are still running behind.
- All share allows you to share the content across any Samsung device with just one account while S Voice allows you to control the phone with your voice.
- The phone comes with pre-loaded and upgraded version of Samsung Hubs which delivers interesting games, movies and music on demand.
Brief Technical Specification of the Galaxy Grand smartphone
-5-inch WVGA TFT LCD display with a resolution of 480 x 800 pixels
-3G, EDGE/GPRS, Wi-Fi capabilities
-8GB + microSD expandable up to 64GB
Samsung Galaxy Grand will be available in two versions – dual SIM (GT-I9082) and single SIM (GT-I9080). The fist availability will be the dual-SIM version following which the single-SIM will be available in the market. In dual SIM version, Samsung claims that they have come up with excellent call management facility ensuring that users never miss a call from either of the SIM. One you are on call the management facility enables you to receive calls from another number simultaneously.